For use in conjunction with the Vu+ Data Logger
This kit comes with a free 64-page booklet that describes the activities and gives a background science to understand the work. Connect the included solar panels to the Vu logger Voltage sensor (supplied) and see how much electricity is made.
Also, use the Vu Temperature sensor (supplied with the Vu logger) to measure the heat gain and loss of the house over time. You can even grow plants in the greenhouse!
The Vu Voltage sensor measures the voltage across any component for DC low voltage circuits from 0 to 3 V. The 4 mm plugs attach to most of the standard available electronic kits, or the crocodile clips (supplied) can be used to connect to bare wires.
The Power House kit includes:
- Powerhouse polystyrene parts (that need to be assembled)
- Solar cell
- Solar motor and propeller
- Solar collector
- Die-cut and cut-out sheets
- Lid, dowels, LED, solarium cover, connecting wire, fastening clips, and lots more....
Contents of the experimental manual
- Polystyrene foam construction material
- Cold, warmer, hot
- Project Powerhouse
- Heat- familiar yet mysterious
- The sun as heat dispenser
- There is something in the air
- Water, salt and rain
- Great climate
- Light and heat from the sun
- Electricity from solar energy
- Energy from the wind
- Tricks that plants use
- 1x (TAK0001) Power House
- 1x (2325) Vu Voltage Sensor
Please Note: The Vu+ Power House is recommended for students aged 10+ years.